Calling all designers, organizers, communicators and relationship builders! Design Impact, a U.S.-based nonprofit that partners professional designers with community organizations, is accepting applications for Design Impact Fellows to work full-time for six months in Indian communities affected by poverty. The fellowships begin in November 2011.
Possible projects for this upcoming term include "technology-driven job skills curriculum for disadvantaged youth, waste charcoal briquetting to reduce indoor air pollution, small municipal biogas plants to decrease reliance on fossil fuels" and many more! Final project descriptions will be posted in July.
Some of the main qualifications:
- 3 years (experience) working in the field of design
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field (art, engineering, marketing, non-profit management, business, planning)
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, highly curious and desiring to work with people from various backgrounds, cultures, and income-levels
- English language fluency
- Self-motivation, performing with minimal supervision, exercising good judgment and decision-making as needed
- The ability to travel and live in India for 6 months
- A laptop computer and thorough knowledge of relevant software (Adobe Suite, C A D, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- 2 years project management preferred
For more details, download the fellowship brochure here. Applications are due on June 1, 2011.